Working in offices involves spending a lot of time sitting on one chair at one place. Improper sitting posture can cause strain on your spine and back. Therefore, you should use ergonomic chair in office to avoid back problems and to maintain good body posture. There are different types of chairs available in the market from that you should select the best ergonomic chair for your office. For getting the information and reviews about office chairs, you can visit http://www.officechairsonly.com/.
For selecting the suitable office chair, you should consider some features which should be there in office chair so that it can provide comfortable seating:
- Lumbar support – Select the chair that provides proper support to your back and spine. The chair should have lumbar adjustment feature so that it can support each and every user.
- Seat height – select the office chair that has a feature of adjustment of seat height. Some office chairs have size adjustment lever by which you can easily change the size of chair. Usually the standard size is 16-20 inches. The size levels of the chair should be appropriate so that the user can comfortably sit.
- Seat depth and width – The seat of the office chair should have appropriate depth and width so that it can support the user and provide him/her comfortable sitting. Usually the standard width is 17 to 21 inches. The depth of the seat should also be appropriate for the user to sit with proper support to his/her back. The backward or forward tilt of seat should also be adjustable.
- Seat material – The material of the seat of office chair should be able to provide comfortable seating. It should have sufficient padding so that user can sit on it comfortably for a longer time.
- Backrest – Backrest of office chair should be 11 to 20 inches wide. It should be adjustable. Backrest provides support to your back and spine while sitting on chair.
- Swivel – There should be rotating feature in office chair so that the user can easily reach various areas of the desk without any type of strain.
- Armrests – Armrests in office chairs provide support and relaxation to shoulders and arms so that the user can comfortably sit on chair for long time.
Ergonomic office chairs are good alternative to traditional office chairs. They are designed to provide comfort and support to the user and to promote better posture. Those people who generally have problem of back pain can have benefit from these chairs to a great extent. Ergonomic office chair includes kneeling chairs, exercise ball chairs, recliner chairs, and saddle chair. All of these chairs are commonly used in office. You can select whichever you find suitable for you.